Q: How do I keep my coffee fresh?
A: To enjoy the outstanding quality of our coffee at home we offer the following suggestions for maximum freshness:
- Purchase whole beans and grind them just before brewing.
- Buy beans in weekly quantities.
- Keep your coffee in an airtight container or in the Orinoco foil bag and store in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.
- Do not refrigerate or freeze. Contrary to popular belief, freezing or refrigerating does not extend shelf life. These means of storage actually expose the coffee to odor contamination and condensation.
Q: What is the best way to brew coffee?
A: To brew the best possible cup of coffee we recommend the following:
- Use about two tablespoons of freshly ground coffee per cup. Adjust the amount of coffee to suit your taste.
- Always start with fresh cold water. Filtered or bottled water produces the best results.
- Brew directly into a thermal carafe or transfer into a thermal carafe once the brew cycle is complete. The quality of brewed coffee resting on a burner deteriorates very quickly.
- Now for the best part! Pour the coffee into your favorite cup or mug, take a seat in a comfortable chair with your morning paper, and enjoy this wonderful brew.
Q: How long will it take to receive my order?
A: We roast all coffee to order, so that it is as fresh as possible when you receive it. Orders received by 2:00 pm EST will generally ship within two business days. Orders received after 2:00 pm will not be processed until the following business day.